What’s Happening With Covid?

An open forum for ideas, comments and discussion, inspired by requests from Lokesh: “What’s it all about? What’s the story with vaccines etc? There were a couple of articles but they are too old for a subject that has changed too quickly. Any comments?” And by Frank: “There has never been such a burning question of the day for sure.” Frank kicks it off:

A quick tuppeny worth: As someone who has,as an adult, only ever had vaccines that were compulsory for travel, like for travelling East in the old days, and avoided all medicine as much as humanly possible, I was predisposed to have some sympathy with vaccine hesitancy. However, that has gone completely out of the window with the stuff that the (many) people that I know who have not had the vaccine have been coming out with: “Changes your DNA”. “The NHS are like the Nazis trying to do genocide”. “Nurses should be tried for crimes against humanity” “People who are vaccinated shed the vaccine which causes illness and infertility in unvaccinated people who mix with them”. “Microchips in the vaxx” etc.

This sort of stuff is surprisingly commonplace. These were all put forward by speakers at recent anti-vaxx rallies in the UK and cheered.This is the same type of blatantly mendacious online-fuelled propaganda as Q Anon, and very often the same people. I feel sad that people I actually called friends have been mugged by this shit. I`ve had the two doses of vaccine. So far so good. For me the worst case scenario is that they don`t work as well as hoped. I haven`t noticed any bits of me falling off, apart from my Buddhist compassion for idiots, lol.

86 Responses to What’s Happening With Covid?

1. kavita says:

This I can relate to, I too have resisted taking the jab, up to now.

A friend of mine in Europe said there are ways to avoid taking the vax to travel by getting a fake certificate for €300!

So I am pretty sure these certificates are definitely available in India too!

I travelled to J’s Banaras Study Centre in March from Poona and had to take a RT PCR test at home which was ok , when I reached Banaras the driver who was driving me to the centre said these fake certificates can be obtained there!

I was the only guest at the centre and there are a few protocols to be followed then, one on arrival, to get the negative test & the other during the whole stay, not to get beyond their boundary, which is a few 100 sq. kms! I was very much fine with that. Now I am told they have made the vax compulsory. I personally would not resort to fake certificates.

An old university friend who had gone to USA after studies, reconnected last year during Lockdown until May this year & stopped any correspondence after knowing I wasn’t taking the JAB as I wasn’t clear about it. When asked why I wasn’t I said I don’t know & would inform after I know!

Hey, anyway, feels good to be on SN now!

MOD:
    Welcome back, Kavita, you’ve been missed!

Hi Kavita,
      Welcome back to our Pune correspondent!

Re. the vaccine, I`m curious, on what basis are you personally judging/deciding that it is better to avoid the vaccine?

I guess it is a decision between the perceived risk of getting Covid versus the perceived risks of any side-effects or lack of efficacy of the vaccine?

For myself, I saw this as a no-brainer.
      On a personal level, I had the vaccine it because I plan to do some travelling and don`t really want to shell out to dodgy geezers for fake certificates!
      On a group level, my understanding is that having the vaccine, according to epidemiologists, will be helpful for other members of society if I do.

The first vaccination, I felt a bit wobbly for a couple of days, the second no side-effects. All pretty normal for vaccinations of any type as I remember.

I`m now fit as a fiddle after my Covid lockdown meditation retreat and raring to go.
      I`m into my 6th decade and a bit dog-eared but, inch-Allah, I`ve still got at least a couple of decades of ass-kicking left in me. Bring it on!

• kavita says:

First of all, Hi Frankie!

“I haven`t noticed any bits of me falling off, apart from my Buddhist compassion for idiots, lol.”-I particularly loved this bit Frankie, probably Iam one of those idiots!

I did check if there is any bit of conscious fear in me, but doesn’t seem any to me unless of course it’s unconscious!

I don’t really know if I am being judgmental or not, but may I say this is somehow more of an experiment on/for myself. My paternal grandfather, who lived during the last epidemic in 1918, died at 84 in 1976, was not vaccinated and I remember him telling me stories of his travels during those undivided India days when he travelled extensively around the length & breadth of India till he was 40 or so, when his last child was born in 1932.

The population in India/rest of the world was never less or else why would humans ever fight wars?!

Frankly, as of now, don’t know how long I may be able to resist this vax!

2. Klaus says:

My trust in modern medicine is quite good: better quality of life, longer life. Having had two hemorrhages in Germany plus private insurance got me quite well over them; if that had happened in Bangladesh I would be long gone.

Therefore I took two jabs, last in June, when my doctor offered them. No side-effects until now.

I am not taking part in discussions, political or else, and I am hoping – like Frank – that the vaccines hold up to the promises.

Salam.

The covid pandemic is a polarizing event. It would have been hard to imagine, with covid’s emergence two years ago, where it would bring us to today. We are bombarded with conflicting reports from multiple directions. I have not had vaccinations and do not intend to be vaccinated. I live a quiet life in the country and do not have a lot of social contacts. If I need to travel I will go for the shots. One thing is for sure, there is something fishy going on.

The main reason behind the microchips in the vax mix, as Frank says, is the use of graphene oxide in many of the vaccines being offered to the public, and even there there are contradictions. Graphene oxide is used in AI research, is highly toxic, and conducts electricity, hence the stories about spoons and fridges sticking to people’s skin etc. Graphene oxide does not appear on any vaccine patents, being disguised as a secret ingredient. Why anyone would mix this into a vaccine is beyond me, but there is compelling evidence that this is being done.

Then we have the top doctor who says that what is going on with the vaccines is outrageous. In the USA over 1,500 people have died as a direct result of being injected with covid vaccines. True. Over 600,000 people have experienced serious side-effects from the vaccine in the USA. True. When the swine ‘flu vaccine was being dished out 150 people died and the vaccination programme was stopped. True.

So why is the covid-19 vaccine being rolled out at hyper-warp speed, despite the number of casualties? Is it because it saves people’s lives and stops the world’s health systems from buckling under the pressure? France is on the point of making vaccinations mandatory for that very reason. Or is there an evil plot behind all this, manufactured by a bunch of billionaires with God only knows what in mind, that even world leaders are unaware of?

One thing is certain, many governments are trying to turn a bad situation into an advantageous one. In Spain, last year’s strict lockdown was voted as being unconstitutional. Anyone fined for breaking martial law-style lockdown rules during that time will be reimbursed. Meanwhile, it might soon become impossible to travel without a vax passport. A huge global database is being created with a lot of people’s data on it. Not only that, the data can be altered to affect an individual’s movements, physically and perhaps even financially. I would say that is a step backwards in terms of social liberties because they are being eroded. Look forward to more and more people taking to the streets in protest.

I live in a big tourist destination. There is a huge business being created due to covid restrictions. Overtime for border control staff, billions being spent on ineffective masks and PCR tests, needed before moving from here to there, and then there are the tech-savvy kids downloading fake vax passports and phoney PCR test certificates from the internet that are so good they are identical to the real thing.

I have several friends who have been double-vaccinated and then they came down with covid. Paranoia is rampant. People who have been vaccinated can be asymptomatic and still carry a huge viral load that can infect others. Rumours abound. I talked to some locals yesterday, who told me a couple of stories about people who died or became seriously ill from the jab, and I know 100% those stories are completely untrue.

I’ve been watching the excellent documentary, ’1971′. The credits roll at the end of each episode to the sound of The Temptations, ‘Ball of Confusion’. Yes, that’s what the world is today. One can conclude that things have not changed much in the last 50 years on that level.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking on the world’s deteriorating condition on the level of how much longer it will be able to sustain human existence. Over half of the tipping points have been passed, the damage is next to irreparable. Yet billionaires blast into space at a cost of $2,500,000 a minute, blowing holes in the ozone layer so they can experience weightlessness and euphoria for a few fleeting minutes. Down below, on the planet’s surface, millions search for a scrap of food to fend off starvation. Clean drinking water is nowhere to be found. The Taliban are heading into town. Shotgun cartridges are sold out in America. The hills are alive not with the sound of music, but with the crackle of gunfire and burning forests.

Meanwhile, my next-door neighbour just bought a V12 gas guzzler. The local bays around here are currently home to pleasure craft that burn up 1,000 litres of diesel fuel an hour. On a planetary scale, despite our amazing achievements in the fields of medicine, art and technology, we can be viewed as a dangerous invasive species. It is time for a cull. Viruses are good for that.

The latest news is that a strain of covid is in the works that will be resistant to the current vaccines. The scientists write that because eradication of the virus is “unlikely,” they have “high confidence” that variants will continue to emerge. They say it is “almost certain” that there will be “a gradual or punctuated accumulation of antigenic variation that eventually leads to current vaccine failure.”

They recommend that authorities continue to reduce virus transmission as much as possible to reduce the chance of a new, vaccine-resistant variant. Stay alert, keep informed and be safe.

Yeah, “People are crazy and times are strange.”
      And the post-truth world is even stranger.

You say:
      “In the USA over 1,500 people have died as a direct result of being injected with Covid vaccines. True. Over 600,000 people have experienced serious side- effects from the vaccine in the USA. True.”
      Where does that info come from?

Concerning the graphene oxide, have you seen this?

Strikes me that if someone could prove the presence of Graphine Oxide in the vaccine, they wouldn’t be posting about it on Twitter etc. they would be availing themselves of a good lawyer and preparing for lawsuit payday from Pfizer!

Doesn`t look like we will get rid of the virus. At some point we have to come to a kind of agreement as to what is acceptable death and illness-wise and live with it, a bit similar to what we have done with ‘flu in the past. Like deciding how many we will have to sacrifice to placate the monster!

“On the subject of patents, I watched a vid about how Pfizer and several pharmaceutical giants took out patents on the covid spike protein twenty years ago, which suggests that there is nothing new about the novel covid-19 virus. The same pharma companies also took out patents on vaccines soon afterwards. The apparent evidence was compelling. “Even bigger than the Nuremberg Trials” was the headline. Then a friend visited who has even more acronyms after his name than the top CEO of the world’s biggest underwriter who had produced the smoking gun, or guns in this case. He quickly debunked the story. I respect his opinion as he is one of the most intelligent people I know.”

Lokesh, as you know I watched this video and it did seem to have the ring of truth. What did your friend say that convinced you it might not be all it seemed?

I ask, not only for mysdelf but to put to a friend who also sent me that video and is working tirelessly to discover ‘what’s really going on’ with Covid etc., warns me not to accept any ‘booster’ vaccine and is convinced we’re being manipulated and threatened by malign forces.

The friend told me about a couple who are scientists, who came up with the patent first. They are now billionaires.

The point was that the info supplied was inaccurate on the video interview, and he is in a far better position to know the nuts and bolts of the story than the man on the street, us, because he is involved in the alternative health care business, is very well connected, and has to have an accurate overview of what’s what because of the kind of work he is involved in.

He also gave us a list of three drugs stocked by most pharmacies and said, if you get covid take these and it will be gone within a week. He sounded very reassuring and he has helped me in a positive way in regards my health in the past and it was just what the doctor ordered.

The drugs he recommended were hydroxychloroquine, a worm/parasite drug for animals and an antibiotic used for children with pulmonary infections…yes, I know antibiotics are ineffective against viruses but that is what the recommendation was. My friend is an ex- Harvard professor and really quite a brilliant man. What to say?

Hi Frank, the interview that I watched did not claim that the vax contained 99% graphene oxide, which sounds preposterous. You can check it out on RUMBLE vid site. There is probably a minuscule amount of graphene in the vax from what I have heard. I have no idea why or what harm it can do. The Forbes article is sensationalist and debunks the whistleblower by exaggerating what has been claimed. The jury is still out, probably on a long vacation in a covid-free zone.

Where does that info come from?

Ball of confusion keeps spinning. I know someone who has had covid twice. Keep informed. I am neither for or against the vax. It is a matter of personal choice. I am careful who I have contact with.

One family I know have been double-vaxed. Now four of them have covid. One of them is not feeling too great. I will not be seeing them any time soon.

This can happen.

74 percent of an outbreak in Massachusetts have been double-vaxed. The Delta mutant is very contagious.

• kavita says:

“Ball of confusion keeps spinning.” Yes, Lokie, for me too, so I prefer to stay put till it’s really vital.

I know of a 70+ year-old sannyasin ma who died within a month of taking both the jabs, due to Covid.

Guess even Science cannot be relied upon, just like any other matter, at least for me.

This is probably the best time to live in the moment, even though I did realize some time ago that everyone is/ has been living in one’s own moment, all the time!

Kavita, re the “70+ year-old man who died within a month of taking both the jabs, due to Covid”, we’re told the vaccination takes several weeks to achieve full effect so this might not be the failure you suggest it is.

Also, when people directly link vaccinations with diseases and deaths (not that you did), this extract from ‘Science Translational Medicine’(taken from the article in ‘Health Feedback’ that Frank posted here on August 1, 11.43pm) is worth bearing in mind:

“We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they didn’t get the vaccine). It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. Post hoc ergo propter hoc* is one of the most powerful fallacies of human logic, and we’re not going to get rid of it any time soon.”

*post hoc propter hoc – Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X.

The extract concludes:
            “As explained in this ‘Health Feedback’ review, scientists observed that deaths haven’t occurred at a higher rate in vaccinated people as compared to unvaccinated people. Such an observation doesn’t support McCullough’s claim that COVID-19 vaccines cause death.”

…which all goes to show how much easier and quicker it is to fire off misleading statements than to challenge them.
              That`s the wave that all the chancers are surfing on.

There are people running online courses in `Sensemaking` these days, as in how to make sense of what you read and hear in the various social media information channels. I don`t know if they are any good but I can see how the idea arose.

• kavita says:

SD, not refuting any Covid statistics at all. It’s not that I am totally unaware of such stats.

I just mentioned a vaccinated person’s Covid death to make a point of agreement with Lokesh, that taking both the jabs does not have any guarantees.

Only my take is more of an existential one, like Lokesh’s. If my need to travel is very essential to me and the vax is compulsory, I will go for it, that’s all.

The relation of anecdote to data is an issue here,too.
                Anecdote: short account of a particular incident or event, especially of an interesting or amusing nature.
                Data: a series of observations, measurements, or facts; information.

Data represents information from either all relevant cases or a representative sample of all the relative cases. Inferences made from properly acquired data lead to scientific discoveries. Data is scientific. Unfortunately, data tends to be dry. It tends to be boring. We generally do not connect emotionally to ‘data’.

Anecdotes are stories. People have been telling stories for as long as there has been speech. This sort of reportage/storytelling probably developed when we lived in tribal groups of not more than 150 people. The ability to tell stories likely led to tremendous survival advantages for those early humans.

We all love to hear a story, an anecdote, some gossip and we are geared to be emotionally moved by them and take them seriously.

However, the problems of our society are no longer limited to sample sizes of 150 or less. The problems that medical science tackles involve literally billions and are often subtle. Their effects can only be teased out by examining very large numbers of cases.

Although we are now dependent on data for our very survival. Not just with Covid but in every area of our lives where we are dependent on science, we don`t or can`t plough through all the data as it`s too difficult and boring. Someone else has to do it and we easily lose interest and maybe distrust boring-looking guys in white coats that we can`t really understand. We`re geared for entertainment so we want infotainment.

That`s one reason why demagogues, blaggers and snake-oil salemen etc. are having such a field day. They give the emotional excitement that scientists with their data struggle to do.

I speculate that the reason that there are a good number of academics with scientific backgrounds who have given up the day job and jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon is because it`s a lot more fun than the dull and heady life of the campus or the lab.

Suddenly they are controversial figures on Youtube, Rumble, Twitter and at demonstrations, taking a rebel stance and getting famous! Rock `n` roll! What a buzz! Beats marking homework and being stuck mind-fucking with a bunch of other nerdy eggheads your whole life, and if you play your cards right, there`s moolah in it, too.

6. kavita says:

Probably our very own Brother AL & Brother CESS on SN !

7. frank says:

Re being careful who you have contact with, I would be very careful about any info emanating from Rumble.com.

The sweet animal vids that are invariably on the main page may obscure some of the reality of the site.

That is where Trump went when he was kicked off Twitter.

Also, Steve Bannon`s War Room is a major attraction on there, as is far-right lunatic Marjorie Taylor Green (MTG), both heavily promoted by the algorithms on there. For example, if you search for “Covid” on rumble you won`t have to scroll down too far before you reach something from Steve Bannon`s War Room.
    Formerly driving force behind right-wing Breitbart news, which rode high on such articles as ‘Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?’, Bannon was Trump`s chief strategist (read “propagandist”). He was fired but now they`re buddies again.

Bannon`s role in meshing the QAnon stuff with mainstream American (Republican) politics was huge. All sides agree on that.

These guys are crafty for sure. They are good at harnessing and harvesting the rebellious and anti-government attitudes that people have and then turn them into agents for their agenda.

Note at the recent anti-vaxx demos in London and elsewhere the presence of “Trump 2024” banners. What on earth would that have to do with vaccines?
    Hippies, newagers and self-styled rebels of all stripes are aligning themselves with right-wing propaganda news outlets who are playing them.

Incredibles scenes inside the goldmine.

Yes, Frank, I can go along with that. What would you recommend as a good source for covid info?

Lokesh,
        Re Covid info, most `info`actually comes from orthodox mainstream medical and statistical sources. Alt-media don`t have their own information gatherers `in the field`, they largely rely on established info gatherers, same as everyone else. In news terms the alt-media is more like a huge opinion column, mostly concerned with alt-interpretation of the same data as the mainstream.

A simple example could be in the story that Satchit posted, it was stated that 74% of the people at a certain event who tested positive for Covid were double-vaccinated. Later in the article it was stated that 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are from unvaccinated individuals. If you follow the context of the story, both are statistically possible and quite possibly accurate.

The same article may be quoted by different sides, with the anti-vaxxers citing the 74% as proof that vaccines are dangerous and designed to harm. Supporters of the vaccine will report that the 99.5% figure shows that vaccines actually work.

How to make one`s own assessment of the deluge of conflicting`data` or `info`?
        Checking the provenance of a story and where it is validated or contradicted by other sources is a start.

I think sites like ‘Full Fact’ and ‘Media Bias Checker’ can be helpful.
        Of course, there will always be people who claim that these independent orgs are biased. Nevertheless, it`s all about cross-referencing and not just relying on one source. I think this is called lateral reading.

When you hear or read stuff, it`s quite easy to use Google to check who the authors/speakers are connected to. In the case of `alternative` stuff, whose shows and podcasts they have appeared on, which orgs they are linked to etc. This can be revealing as it can uncover, for example, people who appear to be giving a semi-reasonable line are actually sympathetic to or even in cahoots with people who are openly espousing much more extreme, fake, overtly political and/or insane ideas.

It`s hard for many people who identify as `alternative` to swallow, but it`s worth remembering that some of the `mainstream media`, for all its faults, has some kind of cross-checking and verification protocols in place which, however inadequate, are still way more rigorous than a bunch of folks just sticking videos online and posting on social media about whatever they happen to think. This is especially true when these folks stand to get easy access to power/fame/money from their efforts regardless of the veracity or provability of their claims.

To attempt to place a coherent narrative over a chaotic, contingent world is difficult enough at the best of times, and in the post-truth Covid, not getting any easier to say the least.

It is undeniable that governments, businesses and chancers of all sorts etc. are using the chaos to further their own frequently nefarious ends. Sorting out who is doing what and why ain’t easy.

That is the appeal of easy answers based on simplified good/evil, us/them narratives.

Frank, that’s exactly my view, which I’ve just put to a friend in an email. I’ve said this before at SN, but will do again as for me what my old History teacher drummed into us as intellectually naive 16 year-old 6th formers still resonates down the years as highly relevant to our benighted sistuation and its pundits:

“Beware of all explanations and theories that seem to explain everything but in fact explain nothing.”

8. frank says:

A friend has just sent me something that I feel that I need to share. It is from the reputable news site: HariOm`sAyurvedicTruthpaste.com which apparently is also home to `Swami Bhorat`s War Room`. I have checked it on Media Bias Checker, it is 100% desi!

By an amazing synchronicity, it is a recent video of Anand Yogi speaking about the current world crisis. Here is the transcript:
    “Certainly if western baboons had been living sattvic yogic lifestyle as ordained by guidelines and diktats of yugas-long lineage of enlightened ones, there would have been no Covid!

If all had been chanting Holy name, doing the yoga, eating Baba RamDev Noodles™, taking daily ayurvedic worming pills and other supplements developed by ancient true scientistsof ancient Bhorat and available from holy sites such as EkDamKwalityHealthingProducts.com, then none of this would have happened!
    It is certainly all a conspiracy by depraved materialistic scientists! Just like hoax of moon-landing which contradicts truth of established truth of Vedic scriptures which originate in all-perfect omniscient godhead of mighty Bhorat!

Also, undisputable evidence has appeared that vaccines have been found to contain micro-chips!
    These micro-chips contain many dangerous things!
    Queen`s Greatest Hits, The Village People Anthology and uncut version of ‘Brokeback Mountain’ are all in there! This is all part of plan by liberal woke western elite to turn population into LGBT homosexuals by injection!
    Statistics from CDC show that at a recent rodeo in Alabama, 96% of straight-shooting cowboys who were double-vaccinated were later found exposing themselves and committing gross indecency in public toilets around town!
    It is imperative that people get to know the truth about these things! The truth will set you free!

Stories have also been surfacing that the Nine Unknown Men are behind the vaccine! Their efforts to change the world for the better by body-snatching Hitler, Krishnamurti and Shantam may have failed miserably, but according to information found in old Osho book ‘I Am The Bill Gates’, the Nine Men have entered the body of Bill Gates in order to ensure that vaccine will kill two-thirds of world population! This will leave only the chosen few, thereby ushering in new yuga of superconsciousness!

Hari Om!
    Yahoo!”

• kavita says:

After reading this, “Swami Bhorat and myself certainly look forward to living in a world populated exclusively with religious fundamentalists, Republicans, Newagers, Nazi Hippies, fantasists and rednecks!” – Frankie, it seems all who died due to Covid were lucky to have died at the right time!

• kavita says:

Disclaimer:
        My 3 August, 2021 at 12:30 pm post was a natural, spontaneous response, not meant to hurt anyone, categorical apologies if this has hurt anyone. _/\_

K, I took it in the spirit of the joke, but then I`m guessing that Yogi could be considered offensive by some.

Makes me think, what about Osho? By today`s standards, some of what he said was homophobic, anti-semitic, sexist and racist.

He may have been awakened but I don`t think he was woke!

• kavita says:

Frankie, many times I wonder if however much one consciously deconditions oneself, whatever arises out of this will ultimately be judged/called “homophobic, anti-semitic, sexist and racist.” I guess!!!

9. kavita says:

This same friend who shared about the fake certificate in Europe shared that now there is a 3rd vaccine which the two-vaccine-takers have to administer next!

Worst case scenario:
      If the strains and variants change with great speed, the vaccines become redundant. I don`t see that that is the case right now, but it could happen.

What are the alternatives? People are banging on about Ivermectin. Some doctors claim it has some results but how good and how safe it is is much more unanswered than the vaccines as far as I can see.

Unfortunately, sounds a bit like a rerun of the Chloroquine fiasco.

Keep healthy, do exercise, eat good food etc. I imagine that most of us on here have been onto that one for a while, and might even do it even if all disease was eradicated!

Keeping off the wacky backy, booze and other stuff is a good idea, too. I`ve definitely noticed a link between potheads, wastrels on various substances and the further reaches of crazy conspiracy beliefs. Being strung out on gear definitely makes people susceptible to paranoid loopy stuff. Again, that`s not exactly headline news.

Yesterday, I met a woman who was boasting to me about how she avoided all allopathic medicine, only took herbal stuff, CBD oil, magic moss and whatnot. When she smiled, I notice she had a mouth full of gold teeth.

• kavita says:

“The 3rd vaccine, the `booster`, apparently will be available in the autumn. I`m not sure that it is a result of `malign forces` as SD`s friend suggests. It does raise the question of how many jabs will have to be administered and how often?!

Yes, this sure does arise.

“Unfortunately, sounds a bit like a rerun of the Chloroquine fiasco.”

I am really bad with these pharmaceutical names, these natural home ingredients are much easier for me remember & also incorporate into my daily life! We all have our preferences, I guess.

Found this today, more of my kind, I don’t wish to have gold teeth!

Yesterday I was at the Govt. Nature Cure Centre at Tadiwalla Road, Poona, for my regular check-up, which btw costs only INR 100/- .

“My favourite supplement for mental health purposes is a large rock of Himalayan salt which I carry around with me to take at any moment I might need it.”

I love Himalyan Salt lamps, only never wanted to possess one!

K, the science behind the boosters has to do with the virus’s capacity to mutate. I suppose if you go for the vaccine, you will have to go the whole nine yards. What a bloody nuisance.

I believe I am right in assuming that many people in India are dying to get the jab. Meanwhile, many in the West are turning their noses up about it.

• kavita says:

It’s actually Indians all over the globe who are eager to take the jab & probably most Indians living abroad & NRIs are already vaccinated!

Lokie, how I wish the human brain could be mutated!

Prem Navajat, an Essex-based (just outside London) sannyasin who, with Parmartha, several years ago founded the Saturday morning ‘Cafe Society’ Meditation and Meet-Ups at Queens Wood Cafe, Highgate, north London, has provided two articles on aspects of the Covid Pandemic.

The first is about research on the Indian herb Ashwagandha as a possible cure for the debilitating Long Covid:

Navajat’s second offering, by American epidemiologist Larry Brilliant, predicts extended longevity of the Covid crisis in the light of inadequqte vaccinatioin levels in many countries:

Well it looks like we`re staring down the barrel of the ultimate duality, expressed so well in that mighty wisdom teaching from the 60s and 70s: ‘Dad`s Army’:

Which side are you on?
                “Don`t panic”
                Or
                “We`re doomed!”
                ?

And they still don’t know how Covid’s transmitted!

Janine (from London) sent me this article today:

It certainly seems to be a handicap!

Mind you, I think it is widely assumed that `they` know more about stuff than is the case when it comes to science and medicine. (Btw, probably applies to `gurus` too).

In the case of medicine and spiritual teachers it`s probably deliberate. Doctors and gurus realise that they get better results when they sound like they know what they`re talking about! Maybe applies pretty much to everyone else, too.

After all, scientists/medical people are still struggling to understand the common cold.
                  It seems there is a randomness in occurrence and transmission that is not related to models of predictability. A kind of chaos or chance pattern. For example, I know people who had unprotected sex with AIDS victims. Why did they survive and not millions of others? I doubt that reasoning will ever be able to completely nail and explain every detail.

I expect that the creation myths such as the world was created by Shiva and Parvati playing a game of dice hint at the power or sheer chance/good/bad luck.

The good news, I guess, is that complete understanding, useful as it may be, is not a 100% prerequisite for at least some level of treatment and prevention of disease.

Before shelling out on the latest cure, don`t forget some of the things that are on record as having been touted around the world by doctors, politicians, religionists and other chancers since the start of the pandemic:
              hydrogen peroxide, saltwater, hot baths, cold baths, hairdryers, drinking bleach, inhaling bleach, ice-cream, amphetamines, cocaine, vodka, ethanol, methanol, cannabis, betel-leaves, chloroform, toothpaste, skin creams, anti-coronavirus mattresses, paint-stripper, insecticide, fungicide, datura, oleandrin, UV lamps, vinega, pellets containing the dust of shooting stars, cow-urine, camel urine, cow-dung, vaccination by touching your television set, religious blessings, a cotton ball soaked in violet oil to the anus, bananas, volcanic ash, placing a box over one`s head, very hot curry, saying `Namaste`, listening to DVDs, remote vaccines…
              Just for starters….

It`s amazing how misinformation and paranoia gets spread around so easily and so banally.
                Here`s a small example I came across only today:

I heard the story that Google, due to its links with Big Pharma, has rigged its algorithm for autofill options.
                Therefore if you google the key words: `Chiropractic is`… `Chinese medicine is’… ‘supplements are’… a bunch of negative options, like ‘quackery`. ‘pseudoscience’ etc. come up in the autofill. This is touted as proof of Google suppressing stuff online that contradicts the “official narrative”. This piece of info has spread far and wide.

I tried it out, and put these key words in and it is correct that these sort of results come up in the autofill options.

Then I thought, “I wonder what happens if you google `Orthodox medicine is`….`allopathic medicine is`….`Western medicine is`… `the NHS is`…I did it and hey presto! You get a bunch of extremely unflattering autofill options with that too! `ineffective`, `a lie”, `bad` etc.

Mmmm….

More apparent misinformation, analysed by fact-checking site ‘Full Fact’, this time from Dr. Vernon Coleman, a prominent outspoken critic of the ‘official Covid line’ in the UK. (Although I’ve heard claims that ‘Full Fact’ is the voice of certain vested interests, therefore biased in their favour).

That is the same Vernon Coleman who is on record as saying that “doctors and nurses giving the covid-19 vaccine will be tried as war criminals” and “COVID-19 vaccines are weapons of mass destruction and could end the human race.”

What a twat.
                  But he was a twat long before Covid arrived.

For example, he wrote in `The Sun` in the 80s that “AIDS is the hoax of the century” and “doesn`t affect heterosexuals”. Views that he still defends apparently.

Vernon Coleman is a good example of how much money and fame there is to be had by talking bollocks. Over the decades, he has moved seamlessly from pumping harmful, even lethal falsehoods and smut for the mainstream tabloid media to now presenting himself as a hero of freethinking rebels contra the `elite` online.

I was also thinking how the mythology of the “one hero/rebel standing for the truth against the foolishness of the crowd” has been co-opted and utilised by a raft of dodgy geezers like Coleman.

This is a personal myth and fantasy that has been very popular in people of my generation and background. I dare say that there are some on SN who have espoused and adopted these kind of views!! “One man against the whole past of rotten humanity” etc.

@ Frank

It’ s a fight, “the good against the evil” – Armageddon.

Everybody wants to be a lion, nobody a sheep.

Quite right.
                  It’s wonderful how easy it is for people to get into self-aggrandizing anthropomorphic speculation, imagining themselves as being lions rather than sheep.

Lions are in fact lazy, ultra-violent, thieving, scavenging ego-maniacs, frequently in-bred because they`ve murdered the opposition, they regularly kill their own kind, females and cubs. From a human point of view, meeting a lion traditionally meant getting your head ripped off and you ending up as his dinner.

Sheep, on the other hand, are co-operative, good-natured vegans who like nothing better than wandering round the countryside peacefully enjoying their hobbies with their peers and not bothering anyone. They don`t mind sharing their milk with humans (a bit of Roquefort or Feta too), give you comfy shoes, sweaters, an excellent warm jacket and even some companionship if you`re friendly to them.

Disclaimer:
    Were I unfortunate enough to be unvaccinated and catch the dreaded covid 19 virus, I would take the following recipe in the off chance it would beat the bug. I do not recommend anyone else should do that.

The anti/covid cake recipe. Probably Spanish pronunciation due to the Doctor who recommended this being primarily a Spanish speaker.
    HYDROOXICLOROQUINA SULFATE.
    AZITROMICINA
    INVERMECTINA.
    Take the lot for three days in sensible doses. Will certainly get rid of intestinal parasites, if nothing else.

Being a perfectly correct example of a Sagittarius, I have been peering into my crystal ball to see what the future holds in relation to the covid pandemic.

The mists swirl and a clear vision appears. Sorry, folks, the future is not looking very rosy, positively thorny, more like, spikey. Right from the get-go covid has been underestimated by the world’s epidemiologists, who firmly believed a prompt vaccine rollout, involving a couple of jabs in the arm, would be a quick fix that would make the virus fizzle out. The Delta variant has thrown a spanner in the biological works.

The Delta variant is highly contagious and will continue to spread like…the Delta variant. It is likely to be around for some time to come. Meanwhile, other variants will be spawned. Some have already appeared, ETA, nothing to do with Basque separatists, Kappa, nothing to do with sportswear, New York’s IOTA variant, who some don’t give an iota about, and last but most definitely not least, Lambda, the ‘flu from Peru which is spreading through the Americas and picking up speed as it coughs and sneezes along. The big worry is that a new variant will appear that will be Delta on steroids, as one scientist so aptly put it.

SARS-CoV-2 was a relatively new and unknown kid on the ‘flu block when it first showed up. But it soon made the scientists pay attention to its relatively fast transmission rate, one of the most transmissible viruses ever encountered. SARS-CoV-2 is smart, but a relatively slow mover in the mutation stakes, quite basic, say; compared to Ebola.

It’s those nasty spike proteins that are causing the problem because they latch onto and penetrate human cells. Ouch! So good is SARS-CoV-2 at doing this one could speculate that some naughty lab rats have been up to hanky-panky down in the basement. Now the virus is out and about, all it wants to do is survive and use us humans as a potential mutation lab, especially amongst the unvaccinated.

Meanwhile, Delta is also infecting the vaccinated, because different variants have different combinations of mutations in the spike protein.
    “Run, lads, here comes that bloody Pfizer vaccine, get your bloody helmets on quick so it does not recognize us, we’ve got to keep our spikes under the radar or we’re toast. Remember back in the 1918 ‘flu pandemic our flubee brothers preferentially killed younger adults. Those were the days!”
    “Yes, boss, but there are only so many changes that we can make to the spike protein without making it non-functional. We can’t keep mutating indefinitely. Well, at least not with this kind of basic material. We need more “recombination” capability, or we will be just a bad dream in a few years.”

The mists swirl and the vision of doom and gloom, provided in part by ‘Newsweek’, fades. Unlike covid-19, it was fun while it lasted.

12. kavita says:

“Looks like we have to move with the times, because if you are still identifying with that one, you`re vulnerable to the possibility that it has now become a hook to be reeled in with by some very fishy fishermen.”

Wondering now, if it’s possible to know which of these fishermen is fishy or not; once in their net there mostly seems no escape & for some it’s too late to jump back in the river, and even if one manages to step into the river again, one can’t step into the same river twice! Guess this Catch 22 situation shall be ever existing till there exists any kind of choice!

This thread has been very interesting till now & guess each one of us here active at SN is still where we are/were before this thread started!

13. frank says:

My mate Dave the quantum mechanic is one of the most highly qualified people I know. He`s watched quite a lot of David Icke`s videos and I think he`s even read some of his books too, so he knows his stuff. He`s well knowledgeable about medicine, viruses, reiki, crystal healing and stuff and he`s got an amazing number of Facebook friends and views on his YouTube and Rumble channels.

I`ve been following his anti-Covid recipe: Freebasing Ivermectin dog-worming pills, necking ayurvedic anti-depressants and neutraceutical pond-slime capsules washed down with pints of CDB-laced bleach and camel urine chasers, chanting Om and praying to Jesus. I haven`t caught Covid.

Just how much more scientific evidence do Bill Gates`s corrupt elite war-criminal NHS mass-murderers need?

14. Bong says:

Do you even listen to what Osho had to say about this pandemic?

MOD:
    POST EDITED.

Bong, do explain (without abuse), please.

Bong asks: “Do you even listen to what Osho had to say about this pandemic?”

Yes, I heard it on Akashik Radio 108 FM on the Swami Bhorat breakfast show.

He said: “Take all the allopathic western medicine you can get your hands on. If it`s not enough, get your doc or dentist to up the dose.”

15. frank says:

I guess we are all covided out?

What happened to that thread about football, enlightenment and gurus?

We could expand it to all sports to include LBW Papaji`s ultimate Wisden, Ramana`s brief career in boxing, Sai Baba`s handball exploits as well as Egghead Tolle, Yogananda and Sadhguru`s priceless insights into penalty-taking etc. Plus, have you noticed how Arsenal`s form has nosedived since lifelong fan Michael Barnett left his body? Co-incidence? I think not. Cosmic forces certainly at work here.

Enoch Clapton doesn`t like “discriminated” audiences.
      Van Qanon rants onstage with Ian Paisley jnr.
      Bobby Dylan is the new Jimmy Saville.

I get it.
      It`s all a device by Existence to get us old freaks and hippies to drop the past and dis-identify from our egos.
      !

This guy doesn`t think it is share-worthy:

Or if you want a lengthy analysis you could try this:

• kavita says:

The comments below these vids are also worth reading!

Seems this is a gamble, any which way!

My mate Dave the quantum mechanic is a huge fan of `Plandemic`. Like I said before, he knows his stuff when it comes to epidemiology, reiki and all. He`s incredibly well-informed, he`s watched ‘The Matrix’ more times than anyone I know. He is a respected online writer, too, and has written loads of comments under Youtube videos etc. He thinks the guys in ‘Plandemic’ are completely pukka.

Which reminds me, he was round here today and he was very excited as he had just been chatting with the heroin addict who hangs around and begs outside the local supermarket. It turns out that the guy is actually a financial whizz-kid who used to work in the city and he has offered to work for Dave, manage his finances and fill in his tax returns etc., all for free!

• kavita says:

Here, I heard from a friend that most of my local non-resident commune friends don’t plan to get vaccinated & commune resident friends were double-vaxed before the Resort opened on 12th June this year.

My cousin (she lives in Bombay) who was visiting her 80 year-old mother-in-law, doesn’t allow non-vaxed at her residence at Poona.

About Taxes, I too need to file my income tax now since I have started to receive Family pension!

Do people have to be vaxxed to get into the Resort?

Traditions must be upheld, after all!

• kavita says:

“Do people have to be vaxxed to get into the Resort?” No, not yet!

“I`m glad to hear your mother-in-law is still cracking the whip, ruling the roost, sticking the boot in and getting up people`s noses.” Probably you didn’t get it right, so here I go again! Well, it’s my cousin’s MIL.

Luckily I don’t have any MIL nor wish to to have one, also don’t have any traditions to follow!

Yeah, the vaxx story continues on Ibiza. All the locals got the shots. All the foreigners who want to travel got the shots. Then there are people like me who did not get vaxxed. I have nothing in particular against getting a shot and probably will if or when I have to travel. Right now I do not really see a need for to. Social contacts are few and far between and when walking on the beach I check which way the breeze is blowing when I pass tourists.

Went to a big party last week, first in ages. It was fun. At one point a guy I do not know very well came up to me and wanted to give me a hug, ‘just like old sannyas days’. I turned my face away from him…he took sannyas a few years back, although I have no idea what that means to him and am not really interested. Covid will be around for some time yet…particularly this winter in Europe.

16. kavita says:

When I asked Swami Bhorat if ”It`s all a device by Existence to get us old freaks and hippies to drop the past and dis-identify from our egos!” on Skype he shared with me, ”Device it is, to disidentify with the device!”

17. Klaus says:

Some research input on “the effectiveness of masks in villages in Bangladesh.”

Researchers said in villages that were targeted with mask promotion programmes, there were 9.3% fewer symptomatic infections than in the control villages. If surgical masks were distributed, instead of cloth masks, infections were 11% lower overall, 23% lower among those 50-60, and 35% among people over 60.

Vaccination rates in Bangladesh are 3% first time, 1% second time.
    Re Coronavirus Cases: 1,530,413 Deaths, 26,931 from or with coronavirus.
    in a population of approx. 210 million. Check.

“No, we don’t worry too much about corona; when you catch it then it is too late for precautions. Hahahaha.”

Spent almost 6 weeks meditating half the day together with these lovely people…ah, my heart is full.

18. Klaus says:

Figures from this website:

In the meantime…
    Coronavirus Cases:
    1,532,366
    Deaths:
    26,972

19. frank says:

Sadly, this has a place on this thread.
    A fun-loving guy and a good lad, as I remember from way back.