- WHAT SANNYAS NEWS NEEDS TO CARRY ON: FUNDING THIS SITE – AN APPEAL FOR DONATIONS!
- Regulars at SN might well have already read this as it was first put up at the Caravanserai page nearly four weeks ago,. Now there’s an SN email address included at the end for contacting Clive re any payment you might wish to contribute. Plus an additional note re his wish to ‘retire’ from official ownership of the site.
- As readers may recall, Clive/Jitendra (despite otherwise having no connection with SN) has paid all necessary costs, including annual website fees and for vital maintenace work since Parmartha left us last year. Without this contribution, also including practical technical assistance and advice, SN probably wouldn’t have continued.
- The fees have amounted to just over £500 (invoices available) and the ongoing annual costs will be around 270, nearly £200 of which is paid to a security firm, but which might not be necessary if our WordPress was updated (which Clive doesn’t have enough expertise to do himself).
- Clive no longer wants this involvement so if someone knows how to handle Word Press and would like to take on mainteance of the site, please let us know. That would make SN’s future survival a piece of cake.
- Clive is also the official ‘owner’ of the site, a responsibility he took on in the ‘emergency’ following Parmartha’s passing, but this has always been a temporary arrangement, especially as his interests lie elsewhere, so SN needs someone else to take on this responsibility, preferably asap. This would entail financial responsibility amounting to about £270 per year (or, as noted above, £70 if we have our own maintenance person) which, we trust, should be straightforward enough to raise each year from readers.
- So, now it’s time to repay Clive£500 (or as much as we can) and make sure SN continues. All donations are welcome, of course, it’s entirely up to you (and all such details will be kept private),
- Please email Clive at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will reply himself with options on how to pay.
This entry was posted in News
. Bookmark the permalink