Osho Rajneesh Trust
The petitioners who claim ill-doing by the Trustees, including deceptions around Osho’s will, have sought a transfer of investigation. This, after they claimed the Pune police have failed to make any progress at all, in their enquiry.
The Bombay high court has directed the petitioner who has made allegations around misappropriation of funds of the Osho Rajneesh Trust, to approach the Indian Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as a respondent. The petitioner sought transfer of the investigation to them, after he claimed the Pune police have failed to make any progress in their enquiry.
A division bench of justices R.V. More and Sadhana Jadhav heard the petition filed by Pune resident Yogesh Thakker. He requested that the investigation into the alleged misappropriation of funds of the trust be handed over to the CBI, as the Pune police, in his view, had failed to make any progress.
After hearing his submissions, the court directed Thakker’s lawyer Pradeep Havnur to approach the CBI and the Union government as respondents to the petition.
The Justices said that “We have to also hear the CBI’s arguments and views, since you (the petitioner) are seeking a probe by them. Issue notice to CBI,” the court said.
They then posted another date to continue the hearing of the petition after they get the response of the CBI. The date they set is September 27.
According to Thakker, the trustees allegedly transferred money from the trust to private companies owned by them. In 2012, Thakker wrote a letter to the Pune police commissioner, following which a First Information Report was lodged against the Trustees in 2013, but Thakker claims no progress has been made since then.