Soundless Dynamic Meditation (2 posts)

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 5 years, 3 months ago:

http://www.osho.com/meditate/active-meditations/dynamic-meditation

“If your meditation space prevents you from making noise, you can do this silent alternative: rather than throwing out the sounds, let the catharsis in the second stage take place entirely through bodily movements. In the third stage, the sound Hoo! can be hammered silently inside, and the fifth stage can become an expressive dance.”

I’m new here, just started doing Dynamic Meditation from today, at home. I don’t have any other alternative than to do it at home. The problem is if I scream, cry or whatever, my neighbours will complain. How to hammer the sound hoo! silently on the inside ? Thank you.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 5 years, 3 months ago:

I, at one flat I lived in, had a pillow to hand and screamed and yelled into the pillow, and with the hoo, just as loud as you feel comfortable with.

Trust me, it still works.

Gibberish is very effective as well, especially if you are worried about neighbors.

———————————————

Gibberish

Close your eyes and begin to say nonsense sounds – any sounds or words, so long as they make no sense. Just speak any language that you don’t know! Allow yourself to express whatever needs to be expressed within you. Move your body with the sounds. Throw everything out. The mind thinks, always, in terms of words. Gibberish helps to break up this pattern of continual verbalization. Without suppressing your thoughts, you can throw them out. Let your body likewise be expressive.
    (Try 15 minutes. )

Then sit for the same amount of time watching the breath. Vippassana meditation.