Lady Gaga/ good for Osho? (20 posts)

• Profile picture of sannyasnews sannyasnews said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Lady Gaga quoted Osho as below
    In her latest public declaration during the acceptance of the MTV Video Music award Lady Gaga shared a quote by Osho with her fans through her Twitter account:

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.
    Osho, The Goose is out, Ch 9, Q2

Myriads of young people are said to be now googling to find out who Osho is!
    Someone on the SN noticeboard has questioned this and said that this is not a good thing. As Osho himself always seemed to imply that any publicity was good publicity we dont quite see where the guy is coming from.
    Anyway what do our readers think?

• Profile picture of Lokesh Lokesh said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Osho’s ideas about any kind of publicity being good publicity are clearly flawed, if viewed by a person with a little common sense, a rare commodity in today’s world.
    The fallout that resulted from the collapse of Rajneeshpuram severely damaged Osho’s reputation, credibility and image as a spiritual master. In terms of his techings reaching the masses this was a disaster. Osho was definitely interested in his words reaching a broad spectrum of the public.
    The bad publicity also affected his friends and disciples. There is, afterall, no smoke without fire. Osho often said that taking drugs moved you in the opposite direction of meditation. Yet, for a time, he became addicted to Nitrous and prescription tranquilizers. Strange indeed, seeing as how Osho claimed to be enlightened. Who was getting high? Have no doubts about it, he was.
    As for Osho’s words being spread by the likes of Lady Gaga- Good. It might help young people to discover that there is a whole world beyond the world of mass-marketed, mundane, pop music.

• Profile picture of satyadeva satyadeva said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Judging by my – admittedly miniscule – experience of Lady Gaga, here we might well have someone finding it convenient to use a great person’s words to mask their own essentially thoroughly mediocre creative ‘talent’.

What’s more, from what little I’ve read about her, she appears to be someone utterly driven by ambition for fame and fortune and can barely distinguish between her ludicrous public persona and her ‘normal self’.

Mmmm…great ‘advert’ for Osho indeed….

• Profile picture of frank frank said 7 years, 9 months ago:

gagaji is doing oshos work.

her hit singles:

just dance
    love game
    edge of glory
    bad romance
    judas
    and
    what else can i say?

synchronicity or what?

i give her posthumous sannyas

Yeah, like love game…that is soooooooooooooooo deep. Gagaji rules!

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 7 years, 9 months ago:

I’d rather have Sheela dropping Osho quotes than Lady Gargoyle… both are not very physically appealing no matter how much makeup they put on or colorful wardrobe they may have. too much color burns the retina. Keeping things simple isn’t in Gaga’s vocabulary.

I started a forum a couple of month’s ago, about why mystics should have kept their mouths’ shut instead of jumping around claiming that they “discovered” the truth. Unfortunately, i agree with Lokesh, a person with common sense is a rare commodity today and since the dawn of human kind. So much trouble, so much shit, so much turmoil these mystics have started, all around the world, Osho included. Be “still and know”… now that’s a laugh. These yokels couldn’t even follow their own advice… better for them to be dope fiends, in a stupor, at least they’ll keep quiet, their mouths shut, not leading people to endless conclusions on what “Self- Realization” is. A while back, you had Madonna, on a hindu rave; Richard Gere on a tibetan buddhist pilgrimage; and Prince Charles on strange journey to wholistic health. Now Lady Gaga. The difference between the mystics of old and new is that today we have idiots playing with mass destruction. One bozo on a wacky philosophical journey can destroy the playground that all the kids are in, bizarre playground it may be. Lady gaga- stick with singing dopey songs and save the osho mantras for your rubber room.

Sad, but true. I’ve been following the online adventures of the new clown on the spiritual scene, None other than Osho Disciple Swami Rajneesh….The man has surrounded himself with a bunch of lost souls looking for a master and he fits the bill. He is swaning around having his photo taken with everyone from sexy looking chicks to spiritual wallahs with long grey beards. In a strange kind of way I find myself enjoying his exploits…really quite mad.
    The more I live the more I become aware of how asleep we are colledtively…at once a shocking revelation in the long run a volatile recipe for disaster.

Aha! Swami Rajneesh took the bait and half an hour after I published the above comment there he was on Facebook bombarding be with exclammation marks. Which just goes to show our comments are being read and digested by all sorts of fans. Right Swami Rajneesh? How about a few words from you to brighten up our days and nights at Sannyasnews?

• Profile picture of sannyasnews sannyasnews said 7 years, 9 months ago:

For a researched view on Swami Rajneesh see Parmartha’s response to his autobiography (from 2008) at

http://www.sannyasnews.com/Articles/Rajneesh.html

That was a very positive review, Parmartha.

much of rajneesh’s book was discussed on SN a couple of years ago, i believe before he wrote a book, back when rajneesh was on a self- promotional tour, he often debated with many of us, and often exchanged insults(to his credit he hung in there for a while), then disappeared when he felt he no longer had use for Sannyas News. It was nice to hear his madness and to have an opportunity to trash it. Unfortunately, the SN caregivers caved into the crybabies who didn’t like the coarse, in -your- face- yet truthful style of many posters and we now have a dull, censored site. Rajneesh should be taken with a grain of salt, along with Veeresh and other posers. You ought to check out Osho’s brother’s web page.. that bloak puts rajneesh to shame when it comes to imitating Osho- those Osho-esque outfits – WOW!!! with a little plastic surgery he could be a dead ringer or doppleganger for the old man. So many following cloned sheep in India. I like my lamb chops barbequed well done… pass the mango chutney please.

• Profile picture of alokjohn alokjohn said 7 years, 9 months ago:

Actually I have a slight liking for lady gaga. I would not spend money on her music. But I used to go to a bar with video screens and whenever she was on I always watched. There was a funny video where she has a terrible accident and becomes disabled. She is carried out of her rolls or whatever by two male hulk nurses.

Alokjohn, a bar with video screens! I’m shocked. Must say I liked her ‘telephone’ vid with Beyonce and all the dykes in the ladies prison. Has anyone hear seen Breaking Bad?

J C…thanks for the update. I’m a relative newcomer, and therefore did not know about Swami Rajneeshs outing in SN. One thing is for sure, he checks in regular to this site just in case something is said about him, which signals to me that he is a bit of a wally, who is extremely hung up on his public image. I’ve been told that he is a very vain man.