Chat and Discussion (86 posts)

Topic tags: Chat, Discusion
  • Profile picture of sannyasnews sannyasnews said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Talk about anything here but without abuse to others. Anything containing the latter will be removed.

• Profile picture of dharm dharm said 8 years, 3 months ago:

One definition of a caravanserai:

“A caravansara or khan (Persian: كاروانسرا kārvānsarā, Turkish: kervansaray) was a roadside inn where travelers could rest and recover from the day’s journey. Caravansaras supported the flow of commerce, information, and people across the network of trade routes covering Asia, North Africa, and South-Eastern Europe, especially along the Silk Road.”

• Profile picture of Lokesh Lokesh said 8 years, 3 months ago:

The word caravanserai has always held particular significance for me. Note – ‘caravanserai’ is also an urdu word and it means a resting place or guest house on the way.
    During 1977 myself and two friends opened a discotheque up the back of Koregaon Park called….well, you probably guessed it. The Caravanserai was an incredible success and also the first officially sanctioned by Osho (Bhagwan at the time) enterprise of its kind. It’s history now but it sowed the seeds for the Zorba the Buddha discotheque scene that spread all over the planet back in the seventies and early eighties. That is something I still really dig about sannyasins…they will dance at the drop of a hat.
    Osho liked the word ‘caravanserai’ to describe this world and he was right. This world is just a stopover on the road to…well I’m not so sure where its going, but its going. No need to get hung up on the scenery passing by our window.
    Big up to you guys at Sannyasnews for the time and energy you’ve put in to give us crazies a space to play in. Great stuff….I’ll soon get the hang of it. Thank you.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Caravanserai is an interesting name . . & kudos to your whole team for this effort . . :D

in the beginning . . its a bit of a pain to find a new set up . .
    but l guess its fun too as one learns to go about it . .
    HUG to ALL of U . . :)

• Profile picture of Shahriar Shahriar said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Yes, great job cleaning up sannyas news.

Your efforts have increased the quality of sannyasnews.

The former way of doing things was bringing down the quality of sannyasnews.

truly dharmen has made the anarchy of opinion much more ermm… self realising ..than even blessed spirituality through his unwavering voluntary donations to sponsor the blossoming of our precious and few column inches here…

in fact i have but few words to compose or even to ejaculate into written prose that would do justice to such a hardy endeavour…

• Profile picture of garimo garimo said 8 years, 3 months ago:

Has anyone found a setting to arrange threads so the newest post shows first rather than as the last post on the last page of a thread?

sannyasnews whats this blue light on the visitors map ?

Kavita if you rest your mouse on any spot for a moment then each spot will tell you who the hit is from and where, etc. I will ask Dharmen but he is away at the moment about the colours. I think they may represent how the hit has arisen, like through Facebook, or some other route.
    I am also aware of your other question re posts occurring at the end of strings, rather than maybe reversing that. This will have to await Dharmen, but yes I figure it would be a good idea.
    Parmartha

ok thanx dear . . :)

I’m feeling a lack of acknowledgment.

Sorry Garimo,
    realise now it was your suggestion. This is acknowledgment.

cool. now I feel it.

sannyasnews a request if possible . . only one’s own post should be allowed to be deleted . . :)

• Profile picture of Shahriar Shahriar said 8 years, 3 months ago:

I actually disagree. I think administrators should be able to monitor the quality of posts in their group.